Team One Credit Union was originally organized by a group of 15 teachers in 1935 as Saginaw Teachers Club Credit Union. Formed to fill a need as a place where teachers could receive financial assistance at reasonable rates, the purpose of this credit union was, and is, to encourage thrift (savings) among our members. In the early years, the credit union was maintained at Saginaw High School in the physics classroom of Mr. Poulson, who was also the credit union treasurer. In 1957, Dean Ruple and his wife, Lois, ran the credit union from their front porch. New teachers moving into the area were often given loans for clothes and an apartment. Because they were new to the area, and had no money, it was also common for Dean Ruple to give teachers the money to open an account for membership.
Since the credit union was established in 1935, we have seen tremendous growth in assets, loans and branch facilities as well as new services and technologies to serve our diverse membership. We have been able to accomplish this with the help of our dedicated and caring board and staff who have contributed their time and efforts for 80 years to the success of the credit union and for the benefit of our members.
We have undergone several name changes since conception. In 1955, we became Saginaw Education Association Credit Union, in 1972, the name changed to Education Employees Credit Union. Team One Credit Union was chosen in 1993 to better encompass the growing field of membership and multiple Select Employee Groups.
Team One Credit Union service is available to residents in ALL Michigan counties.