To facilitate connecting the Leelanau County community of seniors with services and activities that promote both physical and emotional health, independent and fulfilled lifestyle while aging.
People age 60 and over living in Leelanau County can enroll in ShareCare. Anyone 18 and over can volunteer and there are many opportunities to help a senior citizen in your community. Donations are another way to make a difference.
The services we provide include:
• Professional Health Care Coordination
• Phone Reassurance Program
• Participants receive friendly and consistent phone calls from trained volunteers, checking in on their well-being and sharing conversation
• Transportation to medical and health-related appointments
• Respite – provide relief to primary caregivers
• Spring and Fall Clean up
• Household Help
• Social Gatherings
• among others...