AHP Update 5/15/19:
Over the past month, there was a court ruling as well as a new Department of Labor (DOL) statement regarding association health plans (AHP). TranscendAHP is in full compliance with the Department of Labor (DOL) regulations; however, on March 28, 2019, a federal court ruling stated that AHPs are not in compliance with ERISA standards. The latest DOL Advisory Statement details were then released on April 29, 2019. From this Statement, it is clear that groups currently enrolled in TranscendAHP plan will continue to have coverage through the year (December 31, 2019). Transcend is working closely with Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan to determine a recommended strategy for those companies upon renewal. The appeal is being expedited with a possible conclusion as soon as September.
Effective immediately TranscendAHP is temporarily suspending quoting and enrollment for new business. Quotes that have been completed for a June 1 or later effective date, also cannot be enrolled.
Now Offering TranscendAHP
We are excited to announce that we have become a recent affiliate of Transcend, a non-profit association. This means we can offer greater resources to our members through this partnership.
Part of their offering includes a new insurance solution, TranscendAHP which offers our members the advantage of an association health plan. To learn more about Transcend, visit their website.
Advantages of an Association Health Plan:
- Access to an exclusive menu of health insurance plan options from BCBSM and BCN, many of which are not available to small business owners outside of the Association Health Plan. All plans have been selected to appeal to the varying needs of Michigan small business owners.
- Access to the vast BCBSM and BCN network of physicians and hospitals
- Special pricing that could lower your premiums
- You continue to use the independent insurance agent of your choosing
- Enhanced billing, enrollment and customer service
How it works:
Notify your licensed health insurance agent that you would like a quote from the team at Transcend. The Leelanau Chamber is proud to have partnered with two local insurance agencies: Riske, Brown & Associates and Larkin Agency. Both will work with you to provide the best options from Transcend.
To receive these benefits, you must be a member of Transcend. However, we have negotiated significant savings on dues to give you access to all that Transcend has to offer. Make certain that you tell your agent that you are a member of the Leelanau Peninsula Chamber of Commerce.