5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
The Leelanau Community Cultural Center is sponsoring its 19th annual Fiber Festival on Friday, October 11 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm and Saturday, October 12 & Sunday, October 13 from 10 am to 4 pm at the Old Art Building in Leland. Artists with original fiber art will exhibit and sell their work in mediums of wearable art, textiles, weaving, art quilts, fiber sculpture, knits and yarns.
This year’s Artists
- Char Bickel - Hand Painted silk collage
- Keira Duvernoy - Handmade hats of felt wool, silk and linen
- Karin Fish-Felted wool sculpture of flora, fauna and fantasy creatures.
- Tracie Herkner-Hand and mill spun yarn, spinning supplies
- Jasmine Petrie-Weaving, felting and dying
- Chris Roosien-Hand painted yarn
- Carol Salerno-Woven scarfs and linens
- Cathy Siterlet-Hand woven garments and home décor
- Dianne Tobias- braider and rug hooker. She will be offering demonstrations during this event. She will be teaching a 2-day class in both fiber arts. She is visiting Leland all the way from California
Demonstrations by the artists will be conducted at various times throughout the show.
Admission is free.
This event coincides with several art shows throughout the county. The M22Art Tour follows M-22, circling the beautiful Leelanau Peninsula with stops in Glen Arbor, Cleveland Township/Bohemian Road, Leland and Northport. In addition to the five art venues, there are numerous restaurants, wineries and small shops along the way.
Glen Arbor Township Hall: Painting (6394 Western Ave, Glen Arbor, MI 49636)
Glen Arbor Arts Center: Fiber (6031 S Lake, Glen Arbor, MI 49636)
Cleveland Township Hall: Ceramics (955 E Harbor Hwy, Cedar, MI 49621)
Northport Art Association Gallery: Furniture & Sculpture (301 Mill St, Northport, MI 49670)